Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Hooray! A Finish!

This is Little Houses of Ireland
All finished.  I made these blocks four years ago I think, then I had to think about how to set them, find the right fabric etc, etc, etc. (I feel like Yul Brenner in the King and I) Once all that was done and it was worked into the que and turned into a top it was off to my long arm quilter extraordinare (Robin Gragg-who is retiring! Oh NO) and I finished the binding last night.  Some of the houses are rather wonky but a good quilter can make even the wonkiest block look pretty darn good!  Here's a close up of the quilting
So cute!

2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

that looks great.......

a good yarn said...

Well worth the wait, that's for sure. I think it's a wonderful quilt. Pity about your long-armer retiring. It's hard to find a good long arm quilter.