Wednesday, March 4, 2015

The week of wrong things

This week has been the week of things going wrong!  Some of it has been coming on and I just forgot in between-oops.

I do laundry on Mondays.  Except for a short time I have always done laundry and changed the sheets on Monday.  I do at most 3 loads of laundry.  Sometimes I wonder at the need for a washer and dryer!  This past Monday the floor drain in the laundry backed up -you guessed it, water all over the floor.  The drains in the floor don't have enough fall to them so they back up from time to time, this has happened enough in the past that I have a motorized snake!  So I schlepped through the standing water to get the snake, removed the rubber safety mats to the great outdoors, and ran the snake down the drain.  It didn't have to go far and swoosh all the water went down!  But oh, boy it left a mess behind.  I left the floor to dry out overnight and then cleaned that up yesterday.  Also on Monday and also relating to laundry, I took the wet clothes out of the washer and put them in the dryer pushed the "ON " button AND NOTHING HAPPENED, sigh.  This had maybe been coming on for a couple of weeks as the machine was making a clomping noise creating the "I must call the repair man" thought which was promptly forgotten before it got written down.  Again, 3 loads of laundry a week doesn't bring the thought up very often.  So the repair man will be coming on Friday. I have clothes drying all over the place-thanks goodness I decided NOT to change the sheets as I don't know where I'd have put them to dry!

The third thing involves my truck.  For a couple of years the brakes have been acting up-hesitating when I am nearly stopped and scaring me.  I've had it looked at a couple of times and no one could tell me what was wrong-not even the dealership!  While I was in St Louis, on the 7th floor of the parking garage, there was at least one time when I truly did not think the truck was going to stop and it made a horrid noise.  Tuesday I called yet another auto repair shop, took in to them, rented a car etc.  They called today and they actually know what is wrong!  It will be ready for me to pick up tomorrow-somewhat pricey but the peace of mind will be worth it.  Turns out both ABS sensors in the front end were back, the rotors rusted (causing the sensors to go bad) and there are a couple of other things they are doing while they have it.

While not a necessarily bad thing I have also had an appointment or event every day this week!  That is really unusual.  There are many weeks when Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday I don't leave the house. (At least not this time of the year as I can't ride by bike!  Yet another thing that needs a tune up!)

The hardest thing for me to deal with though has been the lack of a sewing machine!  Jane won't come home until next week.  I'm not sure I'll survive!

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

These things come in threes and you've had your three! Now you can relax. Glad the truck is being fixed. Finding a good mechanic isn't easy. I'm not using one of my machines at the moment. Do you want to pop on over? Kettle's on.