Saturday, March 21, 2015

If it's not one thing. . .

I was text chatting with my oldest son this evening and he said Nora might have a broken arm.  Turns out she fell at a birthday party and they were at urgent care having it looked at!  Sure enough, it's broken!  The swelling must go down before they can cast it so she splinted at the moment-I'm anxious to see if she picks a pink cast or a purple one!

Soccer season started today, no one got hurt.  Brayden and Kolby both crushed their opponents, Ethan  (who plays soccer ALL the time and has for a couple of years) refused to play!  It was a lovely spring day and we had a great time cheering them on!

Spring is all around! As you can see I still have leaves to deal with!


As for me--I finished the little houses quilt top!  Very wonky in places but I kind of like it.  Bri says it reminds her of the cottages in Ireland, I can see that.  It is plenty long as it is and wide enough for a full bed so no borders for it!  I'm thinking I'll put flannel on the back, maybe red, but I've no clue how I'll bind it.  I haven't any of the red left,  not enough of the blue spotty stuff, and all the houses are from scraps so I can't even make scrappy binding!  Any ideas?

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

Poor Nora! I had to wait until I was 15 before I broke a bone. Last child in the family to do so. Boy, was I miffed. Cute daffodils. Love your quilt top! Those little houses are adorable. Do you have anything the stash that you could use for the binding? You don't see all that much of it.