Tuesday, February 3, 2015

 Every Tuesday and Thursday afternoon I go here.  I used to actually get a paycheck from here but now I volunteer.
I work in here:
On these:
The first full set of shelves you see are finished with the exception of two large boxes of things to be filed into other boxes.  Can you see all the sticky notes on the end of boxes?  Those are the ones I have yet to enter to the computer, sigh.  I should be able to just fly through the final step in this project-that of entering it in the database-but no.  I am still finding staples I missed the first time through (they'll rust, the rust will damage the paper, so they must go.)  And I have to photocopy every piece of newsprint, toss the original and file the copy (again, news print damages the other paper in the file so it has to go.)  Today in three hours I finished 5 folders.  Two of those were completely full of newsprint!  I spent a lot of time at the copier!  I hope the rest of the files in the box don't have too many news clippings as I'd really like to finish this entire project in the next few months.  Then I can go off to the mountains with a clear conscience.

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

You are very good to volunteer. You are also qualified to come and work with me. I have mountains to tackle but they are of the paper variety. If you are stopping by pop in. We can keep you busy!