Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The X's are done!

I took the last of the little x's on Bri's stocking while watching "The Hunger Games" tonight!  I also began the outlining back stitching-one little bird is finished!  I hope to have this ready to sew into a stocking by the end of this month!

April is one of two extreme cleaning and gardening months!  I have my housework divided into groups:  daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and biannually.  April and October get them all!  Added to that is the yard cleanup from the winter and I will be a very busy girl!  I have discovered that my knee begins to ache about 2 in the afternoon, so I'll quit work on the big stuff, sit down, put my leg up and stitch.  I should get a bit more done each day that way.  I think the knee will improve as I go along, it's likely just the change in activity level.  On the other hand my volunteering at the school has ended and there are only a few more Wednesday "pick up Kolby and meet the bus" days left before school is out for the summer!  I am feeling less stressed!


1 comment:

a good yarn said...

The cross stitch looks fabulous! Gosh they are great designs. I'm waiting for cooler weather before attempting the big cleaning jobs and the garden is a bit scrappy after some strange weather. Glad to read that you are looking after your knee and not overdoing things.