Thursday, January 10, 2013

Rain!

I woke to the blessed sound of rain this morning and it has been falling off and on all day.  We are still classified as in a drought so every drop is appreciated.

There's just one little problem.  I have a four footed child who was bred for the damp, cold Shetland Islands!  (Off the north east coast of Scotland, towards Norway!)  The problem with that is this:
Can you tell how wet she is?  She's been out there in the rain most of the day and likely never even felt wet against her skin, sigh.  You can't keep her in-she goes crazy!  What you can't see is the underside of her and all the mud she collected.  She, and I have both had showers now so she is even wetter.  She is also peeved with me!  I won't open the door for her to go back out!  She'll really be peeved when I don't let her sleep with me!

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

Funny Quinn! I'm so glad that you've had some rain. We desperately need some here but I'm willing to forego my share if it will rain on the bush fires instead.