Saturday, July 14, 2012

Scrap Happy Saturday in Blues

I have two sets of blue blocks this week!  Blue is my favorite color, have to force myself to buy other colors.  If I don't everything in my house and my closet would be blue!  So one set of darker blue.  Then because great minds run in the same direction I had already decided to add blocks in turquoise before our leader suggested it!
And finally, all the blocks put together:
I have a set of lime green blocks prepped to add as well, making up for some of the colors I won't want to add.

I've been working on a leader and ender project as well and have reached assembly of the blocks.  A lot harder then I imagined!  I thinks I shall name it "It's Pink!"

On other fronts:  Our family is one larger this week!  Yesterday Baby E joined my daughter's family from Foster care.  He's 7 months old and weighs 12 lbs having been born 2 months early.  I've never seen a 7 month old that still wore newborn clothes!  All mine were so big when they were born that they wore 3 mo sizes home from the hospital (and then only for about two weeks!)  He's a happy little guy and very strong.  Rolling over and trying to get up on his knees.  We really didn't think this day was going to come, thought he'd go back to his birth mom-and he may yet.  That would break our hearts.  I'm so glad to finally get to hold him and love him!

6 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

You are going to have a fabulous scrappy quilt Gail! It was great to see all the colours you have worked with!

Edith said...

Your blocks and colours are looking very pretty.

Sheila said...

I like your blue blocks! I separated my blue and aqua, too. I think I'll follow your lead and make some aqua blocks, too.

scraphappy said...

Your blocks are looking so happy together like that. Hope everything works out as it should on the family front. My daughters best friend was adopted out of foster care, it took a while to work through the process, but they are all one happy family now.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Beautiful blocks and hope things work out with the baby!

a good yarn said...

Those brightly coloured blocks are going to make a fantastic quilt! Welcome to your new family member. a true gift. ann :-)