Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A finish of a different sort

Today I installed my new headboard.  Make up of the two end pieces of my baby crib!
Here's what I started with.
Once these were sanded down, glued together in the center, holes filled and several ~ read many~ coats of white spray paint applied I added french cleats and hung it on the wall to get this.
Perhaps not perfect but it suits my bedroom and I love that it cost less than $50!  It's hung on the wall because my bed is so tall (30 inches from floor to top of mattress) that it would have been lost behind the pillows!  That would have defeated the purpose of adding a headboard.  One more step towards a completed bedroom.  I always seem to have trouble actually finishing any room!

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

I really like the idea of re-purposing your baby crib. It looks terrific! ann :-)