Sunday, May 6, 2012

Thunder-more rain, enough already!

Just last week I was waxing lyrical about the rain, now I'm ready for it to stop!  This past week in addition to the rain we have had temperatures in the high 80's and low 90's.  The humidity has been so high that we had to turn on the air conditioning.  About a month sooner than normal.  A cool front is to come through with this storm and I hope I can open up the house again.  For some reason I suffer more from "cabin fever" when the air conditioning in on than I do when there's snow on the ground!  I guess I don't care about going out in the winter but when I look out the windows and everything is green I don't want to be inside.  I don't do well in the heat, don't like it at all.  Oh well, the thing about Missouri weather is that it's changeable!

I had a busier than usual week just past.  Lunch with a friend, a college graduation and lunch, grandparents open house with Brayden--I'm not usually that much of a gad about!  I enjoyed it all though.  Today we had Das and his family for dinner.  It was so enjoyable to talk to his mother about their home in India and her work!  She wants me to come and visit, I added it to the list but it's a very long list--of places I'd like to go.

Not much sewing being done.  Working on the flannel blocks-quilting them which means the quilting foot is on the machine and a bit of a pain to take off so until that's finished I doubt I work on anything else.  I can see the beauty of two sewing machines at times like this, but most of the time the second one would just sit around and gather dust!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We finally received some sunshine this weekend, but thunderheads are moving in fast. This has been one weird spring in our parts for sure.

Hope your week in a good one.
blessings, jilly