Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Finally finished!

A couple of years ago I decided I was tired of buying wrapping paper at Christmas!  I decided to make some quilted bags to reuse each year.  I cut squares, sewed disappearing nine patches, quilted the bodies and added canvas handles and bottoms.  Today I finished up the little hand work on all ELEVEN.  I made one for each member of my family, however I think I might have been a little over zealous in my desire to  have the bags large enough!  Here they are:
Had to move Simba off of them, he apparently approves!  About the over-sizing, I folded ten of them and put them into one bag--
I think these should hold any and all gifts!  But I probably need to make some smaller (and less involved) bags as well.  If I ever need extra laundry bags or bags to hold king size quilts these should do the trick!

Big To Do off the list!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that is a funny post. But you have them done! I thought that is what they were for. I would not make any smaller, as you can always put two or three gifts inside if need be.

Lovely work. Love the crochet blankets too.

blessings, jilly

Karen said...

Excellent gift bags! I would so love to pull my gift out of one of them. :)