Saturday, March 31, 2012

Of Skinny Jeans and shirts that button

I've been dieting for a while (haven't we all) just changing the way I eat, what I eat and how much, nothing formal I just called it the "enough diet" when I've had enough I quit eating!  I'd been losing a couple of pounds a week until the February doldrums hit when that stopped.  I'm grateful I didn't pack on all the weight I'd lost!  I signed up for Weight Watchers, boy is that a ton of work!  I'm not really following it but am back to watching the portion size again and I've lost a few pounds again, yeah me!  Not really exciting except that yesterday I put on a shirt that I have never been able to wear alone because it wouldn't button--yesterday it did!  With room to spare!  Inspired by that sucsess I tried on a really old pair of jeans, one I haven't been able to wear for at least a couple of years.  (I've been trying them every so often just to see.)  They snapped! They zipped!  And I could still move!  Oh happy day!

I don't know if it's just the weight,  I really doubt it.  I think it's Quinn.  Or rather the two plus miles she and I walk each day.  I know from past experience that walking takes the inches off your middle and I think that's what's happened!  It's a real incentive that's for sure.  I'll be ever so excited when my skinny jeans are too big!

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

Good for you! When I want to lose a few pounds I don't eat carbs with dinner - only breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea. Your lilac is stunning! Such pretty blooms. The decs turned out really well and will look delightful on a tree. Hope you are continuing to enjoy nice weather. ann :-)