I know I'm a bit late with this update but some exciting stuff has happened (and I'm tired at the end of the day!). First, on Saturday I painted the ceiling-boring but necessary. On Sunday, I painted the walls!
Yesterday, I did some of the nitty gritty odds and ends that keep turning up and cleaned house a bit getting ready for Thomas. After dinner last night he installed this:
Then he installed this:
He and Rob also changed out the switches and outlets, now I don't see sparks when I plug in things and those things stay plugged in! He will be back tomorrow to finish up- it seems the GFI outlets by the sink are troublesome. Also, he will fix Larry's oops in the basement that led to outlets and lights that didn't work!
Today, I gave the wall behind the bench another coat of paint and painted between cabinets (it will get another backsplash but for now it just looks clean), touched up at the ceiling on one wall (more to go there), put on switch and outlet covers and new vent covers on the heating ducts. Then I cleaned. Well, I also put the first coat on the living room side of the openings. Let me just say here that I should NEVER be allowed to do anything major with drywall! Patches ok, dings, nicks, holes fine but NOTHING any more complicated than that!
Tomorrow it's more of the same!