Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thurssay catch-up

I've been very bad the past few months about blogging in any sort of regular fashion.  I'd like to say that there has been some reason for it but no, just feeling dull I guess.  I'll try and do better.

The weather is trying to turn spring-like, well I guess it is spring-like for Missouri- very unsettled.  It was quite warm early in the week, high 70's and muggy, then quite windy.  Today, I woke to gray skies and the 30's again, sigh.  This is my least favorite time of the year, even if I am anxious to dig in the dirt again. I have been raking up leaves, acorns and gum balls like crazy.  All the flower gardens are cleaned up (it will surely snow with all the protection off my flowers), the front and side yards are raked leaving me only the back yard to finish.  There is still plenty of other garden related things to be done, of course.  All of my spreading roses survived the winter and are covered with new growth and tiny green leaves, please don't let it snow.  It's too soon to tell about my other new plants as many are not above ground yet.  It will be interesting to see how the hill gardens fare with more sunlight now that the gum tree is gone.

I've done some sewing, nothing to show yet.  I hope to have begun the actual quilting on my MIL's quilt by the weekend.  I'll have to light a fire under me though for that to happen!  I have been doing some knitting, it's amazing how difficult some DISHRAGS can be!  I want to do more, am trying to decide if I want to make a shawl when the yarn runs $102.00.  I may be looking for an alternative yarn.  I've worked on Tanya's sock and all the little x's will be done soon, then just the back stitching and sewing it together.  She is quite excited.
I never seem to get everything done in a day that I hope too-I wonder, do I spend too much time on the computer? Probably. And I read a lot.

Today, I've been working at paper work, some dealing with Larry's death-still.  You would think that would be behind me but I have a couple of issues that just seem to drag on and on and on.  I think tomorrow will be another paper work day.  I must really be behind?  I still need to do my taxes and work up a new budget.  I'll be redoing that in a few months when Rob and Tanya get their own place. 

Think I'll head off to pick up the needle and make little x's.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'n sorry to hear you still have stuff of Larry's to deal with.

Still dealing with those acorns I see...hehehe. I'm telling ya Gail you have a goldmine in acorns;-)

Lots of rain here, sun today but more rain tomorrow.

blessings, jilly