Sunday, June 6, 2010

West Coast Vacation-Day Six

Oh boy, what a day! We left SD at 7:30am (that means we got up at 5:30am) to drive the 90 miles to LA and Disneyland! Kelsey went along as Disneyland has a kennel, and I was more comfortable with leaving her there than at Steve's house alone all day and most of the night. I did have a bit of worry the night before when I checked her shot record against Disney's requirements as I was unsure if the combo shot she had included Hepatitius. A call to the 24 hour vet assured me that it did, whew! Oh My Goodness, Disneyland has changed since I was last there 28 years ago! I'm not sure I like it, and I really don't like the pricetag. Poor Kelsey had to walk a couple of miles, ride a tram and get carried while being around hundreds of people! Once we got situated (which always seems to take the longest time) and ate we all rode "Wings over California" which was AMAZING! Then we hopped over to Disneyland from California Adventures, the big kids rode some big kid rides (I say the big kids, they took Brayden on Splash mountain) and then we found the little kid rides. These were a big hit-Kolby loved the carosel so much he held onto the pole for dear life and cried when he had to get off, so we took him again! Then we rode our way around to "It's a small world" which was pretty much enjoyed by all except we all have the song stuck in our heads! Beth and I kept Kolby and Nora while they went off to ride the splash ride, it was near parade time so we found a like spot and settled in on the ground. I was holding Nora and Kolby (who really acts very shy around me, he's afraid I'll take him from his Mom) got up off Beth's lap walked over and sat down between my legs and laid back to "chill out." It was as if he said "That's MY Granna and you can't have her!" After that he was going back and forth between us and holding onto me as well as Beth. Too funny that boy! Nora was interested in all the sights and sounds but she just couldn't keep her eyes open so right in the middle of a pretty loud street party she fell asleep. She is such a good baby, at times better than her older cousins. When we hit ToonTown the boys hit their second (or maybe third) wind and just had a ball. I retrieved Kelsy and we packed the boys and her into my truck and I headed back a couple of hours before the rest, Kolby was asleep before we got off our level of the parking garage and Brayden hit the Z's before we hit the interstate, right in the middle of a sentence! It was a very quiet ride back, I carried them into my room and they stayed with me until the next morning. More on that in the next post.

No comments: