Monday, May 17, 2010

Home again.

Today I had Kolby, the little sick guy, he slept until 1:15pm then played happily. For the first time he played ball with Uncle Rob. Kolby is always very interested in Rob and just lights up when he sees him but cries if Rob talks to him or touches him, so playing ball was a very big deal. I think it won't take long for Kolby to be looking for Rob if they play ball every time he sees him!

For some reason, Simba the cat, loves Kolby. Kolby can touch him in just about anyway without Simba complaining at all or leaving. Kolby is usually gentle but gets carried away so I'm always close by. It's odd, Kolby grins at my other cat, Mika, but never touches her. This is probably a good thing she isn't as baby friendly!

Beth picked Kolby up just as Rob and Tanya got here with Brayden. Monday is his night to be here to play, alone.

I had a very nice time out in the camper last weekend, except for the rain. To already saturated ground another inch or so was added on Saturday and it was cold! There were puddles every where, enough so that the planned graduation cookout was moved to Zio's Italian restaurant. We did have snacks and cakes later. I had made a Grasshopper cake (crushed oreos, mint chocolate chip ice cream and cool whip) so even though we had a bonfire going and at least three layers of clothing, sitting under dining canopies to stay dry(er) we ate ice cream! And like it.

I was able to back the trailer in without getting nervous, it took a few tries and it wasn't straight but I did it. I also hitched up alone. Even so, I've decided to sell it, it's just too much work and expense for little ole me (and the dog!) I have been waffling back and forth between selling and keeping unable to decide, but that's over now. I have found it very hard to make decisions so unless it's critical I just put it off--eventually the answer just comes to me. It seems to be working for the moment.

I spent some hours out there working on the Town of Kansas stuff, reading, sorting, a little input. Someday the research will be done and I can write. I'll be ready to write the section on John Calvin McCoy soon, there's been so much work done on him and there's a lot of his own writing around so I only have to verify etc. Much easier than some of the oth

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

Kolby is a real cutie and its good that Simba is so patient with him. What a shame the rain dampened your trip but it sounds as though you had a good time regardless. Cheers, Ann :-)