Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The "injured bear" a Larry Story

Larry collected Teddy Bears, well I bought them for him he was after all my Teddy Bear. A couple of times each year I take all the bears off the shelf and run them thru the dryer with a damp towel to dust them--they don't get icky that way. A couple of years ago Larry happened on me emptying the dryer of his teddies, oh boy you'd have thought I'd have wounded him personally! He grabbed this bear up and proceeded to tell me I'd broken his arm and quick he needed soft fabric to make a sling for it! So one scrap of a cleaning diaper became his sling--all the while Larry's telling this bear how sorry he is and how he won't let me hurt him again. What a goof! The little bear was never hurt but I haven't the heart to take off the sling.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

eeiman said...

Good story mom. I sure do miss his playfulness. I can picture him doing that.

hannahbugsmom said...

This made me smile on a "I sure don't want to be at work" Monday. He could always brighten up a crummy day.