Tuesday, September 8, 2009

And now we begin anew.

The last of the services for Larry were held this morning and we have finished with the ritual of death. I am pleased with the services we chose, I think everyone else was as well. I will miss him everyday for the rest of my life. I will also see him in our children and grandchildren and know that he still sees us for no one who loved as much as he did would ever cease to keep watch.

We now must re-invent ourselves and our family around our missing piece. It is hard but we will make it, we have no choice, but most importantly because he would want us to carry on, to laugh, to love. So now we must begin this hard task, to begin anew.

1 comment:

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Gail! No words that I share will make the hurt go away or fill the empty place in your life, but please know that thoughts and prayers are being sent your way from Down Under. Bear Hugs! KRIS