Sunday, March 29, 2009

At Last! We see Arkansas!

Who would think that I could get excited about visiting Arkansas? Not me, but mostly I'm excited about getting away from home at last. We are parked at the KOA in Alma, AR for tonight and tomorrow, that's near Ft Smith, we plan to shake down the trailer packing and then check out some things in Ft Smith tomorrow. Had thought about just hanging out at the trailer, sitting outside and reading etc, but we were greeted by about 20 very tame ducks! It was quite humorous to watch them hurry across the field to get to our site! Obviously, campers feed them. Some are Mallards and one has a funny top knot, they are so tame I think they'd come in the trailer! It's all quite charming for a while----but every time you go out the door they come on the run and I am not feeding them, the dogs keep them back some but the ducks seem to know the length of the tie outs! I'll take some photos tomorrow. I think they will be a nusiance if we want to sit out. It is some warmer here though and the trees are much greener, always nice to see at the end of winter--especially when there was snow on the ground at home.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Hi Gail. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I will answer your question here, because you are set as 'noreply', so I could not answer you by e-mail. I have yet to use the bamboo batting, but will be testing it out in a week or two. That's the plan anyway! :)