Friday, January 5, 2018

Progress!




I'd like to say finishes but I'll have to stick with progress!
Brayden's Trip-binding on, sewing it down!
Can't wait to finish it and give it to him.


Ethan's Trip.  I think it's the most dramatic of the quilts so far.
Kind of like Ethan, fiery and dramatic.
I've sewn together the first set of strips for the last row.


Will get the strips sewn together tomorrow.  
The hardest part of this quilt has laying out the strips while making sure I don't match up the same fabric!
Having the design wall across the room
Any errors really stick out!


Lastly, I put together this little side table this week.
The pedestal is from Scott's old chess table which he no longer has a use for.
I bought a 24 inch round and glued and screwed it onto the base.
My bed is high and this table is tall and perfect for a small lamp.
I have to either make a cloth for it or buy one.
It needs to be 80" across so far ready made ones come either 70 or 90!
I'm thinking I'll design a quilted pattern for the bottom edge
Celtic knots maybe
I'll put my little tablecloth from Ireland on the top.

I've made progress towards getting the house back in order 
working towards meeting all my intentions every day.
Doing all those pesky little jobs like changing the furnace filter and sharpening knives.
Tomorrow is 12th night and the last night for all my holiday 
decorations to be on display and lit.
I'll be hauling all the boxes down and sorting out the excess as I pack things away.
All in all keeping busy and staying warm.




2 comments:

Janice said...

They are coming along nicely. I reckon putting away the Christmas decorations is the worst job and the house always seem to look bare afterwards. It is still good to get it out of the way.

a good yarn said...

All of the TOTW are stunning - Fire, Ice and Forest. I like your idea of adding a a quilted pattern of your own design to the table cloth. We are heading for 45 degC today (it's already 30 at 9am). Not much sleep last night so a quiet day today. I might try and sew a bit more of the EPP project. There have been other distractions!