Tuesday, July 11, 2017

A Brilliant Idea--NOT!

I've been in this house now for about seven months.
I've mostly found everything, mostly.
I've hauled away a lot of "Stuff" as donations.
(More to come-I have a goal of reducing my "Stuff" by 50%.)
I've figured out that in spite of a wonderful walk-in closet my studio 
just doesn't work.
Plus, I really miss having a dedicated office space.
Having all the flotsam and jetsam of life 
plus all the research stuff scattered about the house
leaves me scattered as well.
So.
I have an unfinished basement
of about 800 square feet.
Moving the studio into that space and the office into the current studio is underway.
First, I need to make the basement more habitable without spending 
a small fortune!
Paint is always the go to for me so I decided to paint the walls and the ceiling.
Complete with pipes, wires and HVAC vents.
Yeah, well, NO!
I spent several hours priming pipes, vents, etc so they would hold paint on Sunday.
Yesterday, I spent most of the day painting this!
Not even a quarter of the ceiling done.


That's as far as I got before my shoulder (and other body parts) just gave up.
Apparently, in my 6th decade I cannot do what I did in my 3rd decade!
I knew that.
Sort of.
I forget though.
New plan for the ceiling is needed.
I have an idea but I want to see if its possible first!
First now, comes paint on the walls.
Paint on the floor.
Possibly an electrician to add outlets.
Then the ceiling.
I want to cover the ceiling but still be able to access everything mechanical.
While a drop ceiling would be lovely it's too many dollars!

On other fronts,
I've finished the quilting on Sparkling Nines-only binding to go!
I've done a bit of yard work,
and nearly have the garage clean!

Suffering through 95F (35C) with heat indices of 105 F (40C).
Breathing water it's so humid.
I really can not wait for fall.


1 comment:

a good yarn said...

Yikes, that's our kind of summer heat/humidity. We are enjoying a nice cold winter. Making the basement a usable space is a great idea. Painting is hard work, especially if you are painting above your head or at a height - 30, 50 or 60.