Saturday, April 8, 2017

Nearly Voiceless.

My new best friend!

Since Wednesday I have given 17 talks at the Trails Museum to eight graders(that's the 13-14 year old bunch) on primary source documents, diaries, and letters of the Santa Fe/Oregon/California overland trails.
If it I hadn't had these I would be totally voiceless today~ Hum that could be a good thing.
I have 24 more to give next week.
I have been enjoying it but it is hard on the throat.

I haven't sewn a stitch all week.

Today was a soccer day for two of the boys.

After that and several "to do" stops I mowed the lawn for the first time.  Really tall and thick.  I was about to lose Quinn in it though!  Still wet from last weeks rain so it didn't cut well, it will probably look like it needs mowed again tomorrow!
NOT gonna happen!
Then, I finally took the sandbags out of the truck!  While it still needs washed inside and out it no longer looks like a trash dump.
The back end is tidy and I fixed the latches on the tonto cover.
Busy day, so tired!

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

That's a lot of talks and it's so good of you to give your time to share this history. I think it's important to know how we came to be here at this point in time. You've done such a lot of work to help preserve this history. Our weather has cooled overnight with snow falling on the mountains overnight. Scarf weather at last!