Sunday, April 9, 2017

Blue door!

Today, another small chore was finished!
When I was in Ireland I feel in love with the wonderful COLOR on doors and planter boxes.  Plus, Scott and Bri have a brilliant yellow front door which I love.

 The front door and a small space next to it outside were painted dark green.  It was ok, but was needing paint in places and I need to change out the hardware so I could have new keys made.  Now the door is BLUE!  It was too dark to get a picture of the outside space.  I still need to get screws to match for the strike plates as the ones they sent are so long they'd go clear through and look ridiculous!  There is a long skinny window there as well which I am thinking I will etch so no one can see in. (There's another trip to Joann's!)

More paint on the exterior trim, then house numbers.  Also I want to replace the lights with dark sky ones-well that and the fact that the existing ones are tiny!
Other than gardening that's about it for the outside.

Slowly, making it my own.

2 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

Just the perfect colour......I love it..

a good yarn said...

It's gorgeous! I rather fancy having a hot pink one - that's if I ever get to own that little weatherboard cottage with the white trim I keep daydreaming about.