Thursday, February 23, 2017

A Little Catch Up


First, let me apologize in advance for any typos, mis-spellings, etc.  Print on the computer is quite fuzzy.

That said, surgery on my right eye was Monday and went well.  I had her put in the multifocal lenses, which should at the very least give me both distance and the end of my arms and hopefully give me close up as well.

I am currently functional if fuzzy at all distances.  Far off being the best.
Functional with adaptations like large print and a magnifying glass.  I can't manage small print yet.
Vision is to continue improving over the next weeks and months as my eyes heal and my brain learns to evaluate the information coming in through two eyes.  It has already gotten better.

I can use the sewing machine (and have) and I can knit.  I don't even want to think about trying to thread a hand sewing needle!

Most of this week so far has been resting and some sewing.  Lots of sleep as well.  I am looking forward to the end of wearing a shield at night as the tape is tearing up my skin.  Otherwise, it's over and I'm glad.

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

Good to hear from you Gail. You seem to be progressing well just as my Dad did and he would agree with you about that tape.