Thursday, February 25, 2016

Thursday Evening Cross-stitch Update

I've been working on Nora's stocking almost every day.
It doesn't look like I've made much progress, but these designs 
are complex.  I've already spent some time un-sewing, too. Cause I can't read instructions!
I found that a seam ripper works really well for taking out stitches!
Especially those embedded in other stitches-you can just cut them and get at the other side.
Remember I just began this one last week.
That candy cane has five rows in it, two different reds, white and two different blends.
  The swirls on the side have blending filament in them so they sparkle.  
(I don't think you'll be able to see that).
I've learned a new trick for the filament-which is notoriously difficult to work with-just
use the thread conditioner!  I have some I bought for quilting, just lightly run the thread over the block and instant behavior!

I hope next week will have more done. 
It's always slow getting started as you want to get the foundation right for the rest of the sock.


Charlene S said...

The Tortoise said, "Every race can be won by the slow and steady." Then he beat the hare. You got this!

a good yarn said...

Using the thread conditioner was a great idea.