I spent most of the day working in the studio.
It seems that's how I spend my weekends right now.
I'm not complaining!
"A Stitch in Nine" is almost half put together, much pinning with all those seams. I have having fairly good luck matching seams where I need them. Whew!
I will get the top finished in the morning, I expect. Then it will have to wait for batting and quilting!
I have more of the black for the binding.
I still quite like it!
I also did some cutting of little squares (1 1/2") and some even smaller
strips for another idea I have.
I am tired of always having to press fabric before I can cut so I dug out these hangers.
Guess being somewhat of a pack rat can be a good thing!
There are a dozen or more fat quarters, all blue, hanging here.
Unfortunately, I only have two hangers so now must shop for more!
I also decided that the pieces of fabric that are full width but not at least a half yard will
get cut into various strips and stored that way.
In cutting thimbles, after nearly slicing my fingers and not being able to use the rotary cutter with any accuracy on them I am now:
Beginning with an 1 1/2" strip folded over-
I'm using a pen and scissors! Much easier and less stressful!