Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Still not finished, sigh

That just about says it all!  Although I'm getting really close.  Every Sunday I look at the list and think, this time next week I'll be finished.  I've been saying that for the last three weeks!  I finally feel like I'm over the hard work of last week.  I'm glad I put so much concerted effort into things as many of the "big, time consuming, I really don't want to do this but I have to" projects were finished! Every book I own is now on a shelf!  I had six boxes of books stored and they are all unpacked. There is still room on all the bookshelves!  I think from here on out I'll just pick one room and finish it up then move to another.  The kitchen will be last, of course!  I also want to photograph all my furnishings and add them to a spreadsheet for insurance purposes, been meaning to do that for quite a while now.  (Another 15 minute project once all the photos are taken.)

We are in World Series Fever around here as our Kansas City Royals are playing!  We won the first game last night in 14 innings (wouldn't want to just take the regular 9 to win it) and tonight we are winning as well.  The New York Mets don't know what hit them-apparently we never give up, very rarely swing and miss,  and rarely strike out.  Best of seven games, after tonight they take the games to New York for at least two games-three if the Mets win one and will come back here if necessary for the last two.  I love baseball, of all the sports I love it best and it's the only professional game I enjoy.  There is a poetry to it that is just special.

I did manage to sit at the sewing machine a bit tonight!  Mended the bed skirt for my bed--another thing off the list! Also put it back on the bed, although it still needs adjustment.  I also worked on the swap project, really hope this turns out the way I have planned!  I'm not sure about the fabrics.  I can never tell about a quilt until it's almost done, if I hate it I'll have to start over!  Luckily for me it's not terribly large.  Perhaps a sneaky peak will be coming your way!

No comments: