Thursday, September 17, 2015

A little mending.

You might remember way back in February of 2009 I posted this quilt.  Made for Brayden who was just three a few days before.  (Cute little boy on the right!)
Add caption
Brayden in now 9 and will be "Double Digits" (10) in February.  The quilt has been well loved!  Part of it had nearly come off so Beth asked if I could mend it.  When I began looking closely at it more seams than not had at least one place where the thread was broken.  It might not have been coming apart there yet but it was only a matter of time.  Not wanting to mend it again in the near future I pulled the long seams out to re-sew it all.  I'm taking each row and pressing the rags to make it easier and then sewing the seam twice with a narrow zig-zag.  It doesn't take that long.  Hopefully, it will hold up for another six or so years!  Kolby has one of these as well but it's not quite as old.  I'm making them new rag quilts this year in red and black with bigger blocks--those will get double stitched from the start!

3 comments:

a good yarn said...

It's a super quilt! Definitely worth mending. I have one to mend myself but thankfully I only have some appliqués to repair.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

A beauty that is Well loved indeed and what an endeavor to re-do it ! :)

Chookyblue...... said...

oh thats a big job........