Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Mid-winter thaw

Today the temperatures were in the 60Fs!  I stood on the deck and chatted with my neighbor in a fleece jacket.  Just last week I wouldn't have stayed out more than a few minutes and then in my heavy coat.  I'm feeling some better, although I fade really quickly, so I took the camera out in the yard to see what I could see.


Daffodils up! Just three and this one in the highest about an inch above ground.  I have them naturalized all over the back yard, last year they all came up early then we had cold weather and snow and none of them bloomed so while I was happy to see signs of spring I kind of wish they'd stayed under ground a bit longer.


My old friend, Simba, enjoying a warm day on the deck!  He'll be 18 in June if he lives that long.  He has arthritis in his back and that makes it hard for him to get in and out of chairs, up and down steps, etc.  He doesn't seem to be in pain but moves ever so slowly and carefully and sleeps most of the time.  He's still very vocal about being left at home while I gallivant all over the place!

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

Glad to learn you are feeling better but obviously you still need to rest. Not easy for a dynamo like you! We've just had a month's rain fall in two days with more rain forecast into next week. Much needed but I'll have to row a boat to school. Luckily we happen to have one in the playground but that's another story.