Monday, December 2, 2013

Getting over Thanksgiving and needing a new deadline!

We had a lovely Thanksgiving this year, none of last year's disasters!  Twelve around the table plus 4 dogs of various sizes (from a sheltie, Quinn, to a small pony-sized husky mix!)  It made for a very full house.  My brother and his wife from Denver drove in and stayed with me (along with their dog, Molly) which was fun!  Food was devoured and talk poured out so the night must have been enjoyed by all!

Friday, after a walk with the dogs, I took SIL, Jessie, up to Weston for a shopping excursion!  Weston is a small town near the Missouri river that has a couple of blocks of unique shops-small but entertaining.  Jessie loved it and we both bought stuff-some for us and some for gifts.  Then we went out to dinner.  Somewhere along the way I hit the Overdone button!  The trouble with that button it that you never know you're going to hit it you just do, sigh.  You have to keep pushing yourself to get better-it's just really hard to know when to stop, especially if you are having fun!

Saturday, Rob, Tanya and I went to see Catching Fire in the morning.  It is VERY good.  I've read all the books and while they aren't great literature the movie was stunning-better than the book!   People even stood and applauded at the end-can't remember the last time I saw that happen.  I was to join Jim, Jessie, my cousin Bruce and wife Pam in a shop around the Country Club Plaza followed by dinner at Pierponts Union Station but I just met them for dinner.  No need to make the knee feel any sorer than it did!  Dinner was lovely-Crab cakes Yummy!

Yesterday, Jim, Jessie and Molly headed west fairly early in the morning.  I doubt they were out of KC before I was back asleep!  I didn't intend to sleep, just sat down in my chair to read and conked out!  Really not with it at all yesterday, even considering the nap.  Today I took two naps.  Jeeze.  I did wake up from the last one feeling more alert and managed to unload and load the dishwasher!  I didn't even do the laundry today-eech, one more day and I'm naked!  Just the let down from a big deadline-Turkey day-now I need another deadline to get me moving again.  Christmas is coming, after that I'll have to make my own deadlines!

No comments: