Saturday, August 3, 2013

Garden experiments

Every year I fool around and experiment with growing something from something I brought home from the store.  Last year it was a pineapple plant from the top of a pineapple.  I started with two, one took and even though I tried to kill it over the winter it is still growing.  I started another one, but it isn't ready for a pot yet.  This year I decided to try growing the seeds from citrus fruits and cherries.


These are lemon trees.  I have no idea but I think 30 or 40 seeds sprouted! They will need to be thinned and repotted soon.  Lemons anyone?  Unfortunately, the cherry pits and the tangerine/clementine seeds have not sprouted.  Oh well, it only took a little time and the use of a pot!

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

My mum was always doing that, She managed to grow an avocado and a mango from seed. She used to put sticks in the garden too and they always seemed to turn into plants. Regrettably, I have not been blessed with her green thumb.