Thursday, August 15, 2013

Finally, I finished something!

I began this Holiday Quilt last January while I was participating in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  The top was finished that month and I even had the binding ready.  I spent a few months hunting backing fabric (and why is that SO hard for me) then it all hung on a hanger for several months until I decided to send it off to a longarmer for quilting.  It came back like two months ago! I finished sewing the binding down last night, so HUZZAH!
 Here's a close up of the quilting!  Robin does an amazing job!
 And a close up of one of the blocks!
So I can add it to the finished side bar and work on the next one!  I have three more that need binding, two just need the binding stitched down.  Hope to be photographing them soon!

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

Well done! It looks fantastic! I really like that quilting pattern too. I'm stalled with sewing at the moment - so close to finishing but getting further behind all the time.