Saturday, July 6, 2013

Busy, Busy, Busy

I've become really busy, not quite sure how it happened.  Monday through Friday I get up at 5:30 (yes that's in the AM) and Quinn and I are out walking by 6 AM (that's before breakfast)  .  We walk over to Waterfall Park and back, a bit over 3 miles, takes about an hour (depending on how many times Quinn must stop to sniff!  I'd do it on the weekend but there are softball tournaments in Adair Park (we walk though there on our way to Waterfall) and by 7ish when we are coming home the players, coaches and parents are beginning to arrive and their driving makes it dangerous for Quinn and I.  I have breakfast then load up Annie (my bicycle) and head for the Little Blue Trace to ride, I ride Wednsday through Sunday.  This week I'm riding 8 miles each day, next week it will be 10.  I am training to ride in the Buffalo Classic September the 8th--35 miles.  I'm a little nervous.  I hadn't been on a bike for 40 years, give or take a year or two, and while it's true you don't forget how one's control isn't too great!  I fell many times, just trying to stop and get off the bike, running into the walls of bridges etc.  Now, though I'm much better-I even shift gears! And I like it!  When I get home I do a bit of garden work, which has come down to weeding and watering, then a bit of work on whatever "Messy" project I have going on.  Right now I'm redoing a chest for the extra bedroom.  Then I shower and do housework, practice the piano and guitar and stitch.  I will admit the days I both walk and ride I am REALLY TIRED!!! Somedays, I even have a nap.  Two days a week I do volunteer work-one afternoon at the National Frontier Trails Museum tidying up the archives, and one afternoon at the Jackson County Historical Society putting the accession register on the computer.

This past week there has been a "Gotcha Day" party for Ethan and Independence Day, both full of Festivities.  My brother flew in from Denver for "Gotcha Day" and I had a lovely day with him.  He's the one who got be started on this bike ride--he will ride the 100 mile loop.

Tomorrow, Rob and Tanya will come for dinner as it's my week to cook.  I'm grilling, should be interesting as the "menfolk" have always been in charge of that!

Right now, I going to kick the cat out of my chair and stitch the evening away!

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

Phew! I'm exhausted just reading about all that you achieve and I'd be guessing that I would fit in about 10% of what you achieve. You are a dynamo Gail!

I'm afraid I'm with he cat - right for napping,