Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Oh MY, It's been a very long time between posts!

I've been missing from blogland long enough that one of my "blogging Buddies' emailed me to be sure I was ok!  (Thanks Ann!)  I'm fine, except for a very bad case of the April Blues due to rain, rain and more rain! There was also snow-on May 2, 1/2 inch officially at the airport but someone reported 2 inches here in Independence.  I'm sure it melted almost as soon as it hit the ground because the 29th and 30th of April is was in the 80's!

Because of the extremely late coming of spring I am severely behind on the yard work!  I hope to be more caught up by the 15th, everything is so wet still it's hard to dig.  BUT, my lettuce and peas are up!  

I didn't quite finish the deep cleaning in April-the blues got me-so I'll have to get in and finish that and the garage is a total disaster!  It will all get done, by me, and I will be tired every night.

Not much sewing done.  I did send three tops off to be quilted, getting them back tomorrow!  So there is binding in my future.  When they are finished I'll post photos.  Two of them are for my granddaughter, Nora, so those will also get packed up and shipped out to California when they are done.  

I spent part of one weekend with Scot and Bri in Columbia- had a great time putting together a "floating credenza" from IKEA parts, and hanging the mirror in the remodeled bath.  By the way, Bri, you still haven't blogged about that!

Last week, I left on Thursday (before the snow) for my brother's home in Denver.  Quinn and I hit a bad patch of snow early on but the weather cleared out and we enjoyed a long but easy drive over the plains!  (Stopped and bought some fabric in Hays-always stop there.)  We came back on Monday after enjoying the time spent, chatting and going to IKEA!  I had a list, having been to Ikea stores before but they had never gone!  I've never heard so much oohing and aahing-along with several comments about the time commitment involved.  It was fun!!!  Coupled with the fact that I showed Jessie something about her Iphone that she didn't know--she who lives with another Geek Boy.  I always get a kick out of doing that, it happens so rarely!  Quinn loved playing with Molly-it was very interesting watching two herding dogs trying to herd one another.  I am so glad I went, have to get the bike out and begin getting ready for the Buffalo Classic Ride in September.

Knees are still not 100% got another round of cortisone injections 10 days ago.  Seems to have helped the right one-although the pain is lurking.  The left one is still hurting, must call the knee doc tomorrow,  it comes and goes but seems to get more everyday.  It may be that the meniscus still has issues.

I guess the biggest news I have is that the court date for finalizing the baby's adoption has been set!  He will then be an official member of the clan, get a new name and everything!  This has been a long, trying process for my daughter and her husband so I am glad it is nearly over.  Now when Brayden asks "Are we going to get to keep him?"  The answer is a resounding "YES!"

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

That seems rather late for snow doesn't it? Your weather is just too whacky. Ikea is quite an experience. I can always find something to spend my money on - dangerous really. Glad you had such a nice time with family. Congratulations on the new adidition to your family. Hope the doc can provide you with some relief.