Sunday, April 7, 2013

Signs of Spring!

 I 've been spending some time each day uncovering my flower gardens.  I don't know why it is that I rake and rake leaves every fall and then I rake leaves again in the spring!  That's a poser for another day!  Here are some signs of spring I found:
Poenies!
Some of these
Lots of these

Redbud tree getting close!
Tiny Primrose, I thought had died
Lenten Rose-This has been blooming since before the first snowstorm!
It's been totally covered by snow three times and it's still blooming madly!

These last two things are also signs of spring!  Yard bags full of leaves!  (It's is unlawful to dispose of yard waste in the landfill here.)


And these pretty yellow flowers-dandylions!  The bane of every lawn!


I still have a good bit of work out there and I think I'll have to have someone come out and treat the front lawn, fertilize etc.  It was just so damaged by last summer's heat and dryness, the weeds are more common than grass, sigh.

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

Delighted to see that Spring is getting all gussied up. Luckily I don't have a lot leaves in my garden but the jacaranda sheds a zillion leaf spines and pods.