Thursday, March 14, 2013

I'm back, I think. . .I hope

Today, I actually managed to do some things on my "to do" list!  Yeah me!  I think it's the first time in weeks I've done more than one or two things a day (and those only the things that simply MUST BE DONE!)  I'm still coughing and yes the allergies have begun but over all I'm feeling much better.  I think it helps that it is 65 degrees outside today, the sun is shinning and there's a breeze.  Spring is in the air! Tomorrow is to be even nicer, if that's possible, but then winter returns for a few days, sigh.

I have been stitching the past few days, making slow progress on hand quilting and a bit quicker progress on the "Secret".  Last night I even put a few stitches in the Bri's stocking, so close to being ready for backstitching.

I joined a Quilt Guild on Monday, something I've been intending to do for a while now.  Trying to get out more as I find I've let myself become really isolated.  Sometimes I think technology isolates us more and more-but I love the connections I've made with folks I'd have never had the opportunity to meet. Okay most of them I have never met but you know what I mean!

In case you didn't know---This is Pi Day!  Celebrating all my geek boys, Have a happy Pi Day!

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

Good for you Gail! I do hope that coughing eases soon and you are feeling better. Have fun at quilt guild - it's fun to share what others are doing. We all need face-to-face contact.