Saturday, February 9, 2013

Birthdays and Knees

Today is Brayden's birthday party!  He turned 7 on Wednesday but it's hard to get families from far and near together on anything but a weekend so today's the day!  I'm sure he'll get lots of cool stuff and money too.  Beth requested money for short trips and activities which is cool with me and truthfully what I do for them every year-a new hard cover book and a check-they like it.

At the Doctor's on Friday I found out that I had a torn miniscus (who knows how that's really spelled), a cyst, and that it generally looks very beat up in there behind my left kneecap!  I'm scheduled for arthroscopic surgery Wednesday morning bright and early.  I'll be laid up for a little while and then "activity as tolerated"  which I assume to mean much time sitting with ice on an elevated leg with short bursts of activity.  Lots of time for hand work!  Lots of time for reading!  Not too much housework.  So other than the initial pain I think this could be okay.  The right knee will get shot up with cortisone while I'm under as it has nothing seriously wrong, just good old arthur!  It's not promised that it will fix it all but it's hopeful, kind of depends on me.  In a couple of weeks I should be all better.

Anyway, I'm busy preparing for this event by getting everything together.  Stitching, food, movies to watch, books and magazines, pillows, blankets, etc.  I don't want to have to go down the basement  stairs for several days!  I'll be on crutches for a couple of days and a full flight of stairs seems like a challenge I really don't want to undertake!


2 comments:

a good yarn said...

Happy Birthday Brayden! Boy they grow up fast. Have a wonderful day.

Good luck with your knee Gail. Hopefully the operation will give you relief from the pain and more movement. No stairs while on cructhes! Workplace Health & Safety order. What happens to Quinn and her walks?

Deb Robertson Writes said...

Good luck for your surgery. I got a lot of embroidery done when I had hip surgery!!!