Sunday, January 20, 2013

Weekends over.

This past week was a flurry of taking care of other folks, or helping them out in some way so not much actual work got done.  That's okay though because people ALWAYS come first.  I've done a little work on the paper piecing and a little cross stitch, a little (very little) housework and a bit of moping about.  The Mid-winter blahs have set in, we did have a couple of days of warm and windy weather so Quinn and I got in two walks a day instead of the one or none we'd been managing.  That's great for my diet but not for my knees, sigh.

Today, we had a family dinner.  We used to have them every Sunday but life got complicated and I stopped cooking for the whole bunch.  After Rob and Tanya moved into their place I decided that the only way I was going to get to cook was if I had them all over!  Today we had our big Mexican feast-it was yummy even if I do say so myself!  Made a very big mess though.  Oh well, dishes never hurt anyone!

Tomorrow, I have an appointment with the knee doc, really hoping he has some relief to offer.  I know that at some point I'll have to have them replaced, sigh.  Actually, I'm all for just doing it and getting on with my life but I doubt that will happen.  

Hope everyone has a good weekend,  Aussies try and stay cool and out of the way of the fires!

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

I do hope you get some relief with your knees but as there is no miracle cure I guess it's about maintenance and replacement. Even with our publicly funded health care system, knees are non-essential until you simply can not take another step and even then you are put on a waitlist. Unless you have the funds to have it done privately. Apparently once they are done you can run a marathon! I miss Sunday night family dinners - ours we usually a roast of some kind.