Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The State of the Kitchen Address.

So, I have eight doors left to hang and eight drawer fronts to put on-then tweek the fit of several-then the cabinets will be officially finished!  Rob, Tanya and I installed the new counter/bench top today and Rob the new sink.  My plumber, Jamie, is coming in the morning to hook up the sink drains etc.

My plan for the next two days:  finish door and drawer fronts, put up the backsplash, and paint (of course).

By the weekend I should have the bookcase installed (and filled-I have four file storage boxes of cookbooks!) and the windows turned into photo frames painted although the photos won't be back.  Then all that will be left will be painting and installing trim.  And cleaning house and cleaning house and cleaning garage!

I do believe there is a light at the end of the tunnel!  I also believe it would be easier to move than remodel a kitchen!  I am going to love it though, I can already tell.

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

Great title Gail! You'll be well chuffed when all is done and dusted. ann :-)