Friday, August 12, 2011

Shopping!

So, Wednesday afternoon I hit what marathon runners call a "wall".  I couldn't do another thing, in fact it was a near thing that I didn't end up curled in a ball on the floor sobbing! The  "mudding" of walls and doorways had made my arms, shoulders and neck hurt so bad that even the feel of water in the shower caused me to cry out.  I decided that night that I had to take a couple of days off from the kitchen.  I know myself well enough to know that if I had stayed home I'd have worked on it so I went shopping.

Shopping is not one of my favorite things to do, it's done only when necessary and for as short a time as possible!  I hit the antique mall first and had barely walked through the door when I found the terrarium above.  I fell in love at first glance and knew that if it wasn't way out of my price range I had to have it!  Some things just "speak" to me, those things I buy. I didn't find anything else I had to have so it was on to other places.  At Hobby Lobby I bought the little tea pot in the photo, it's a paper weight-too cute.  Mostly, I bought groceries, oh and 6 new puzzles for the boys to have at my house and one no longer missing toy for my "Space" set.  Brayden will be pleased, and I didn't even have to shop on line.  (Last week Brayden reminded me that I was STILL missing this one car that went with the set. After I said that I hadn't been able to find it in the stores here he said; "Well, Granna, you know you can always shop on line."  He's only five and already shopping on line, grin.)

I'm feeling much better tonight so tomorrow after watching the boys while Zoe takes Beth to puppy class I will paint the kitchen ceiling and the living room side of the door openings.  Maybe I'll have some photos of the kitchen this weekend!

2 comments:

sweet lemonade gal said...

What is that old saying? When the tough gets going, the tough go shopping:-) Been painting myself and yesterday decided I am sick of painting. Next home I will hire someone to do it for me.

Can't wait to see your finished kitchen.

blessings,
jilly

a good yarn said...

Jilly nailed it on the head! No pun intended. I guess it's too late to say *pace yourself*. Great buy at the antique mall - such restraint. The paperweight is too cute! Ann :-)