Saturday, May 14, 2011

New Toys and Learning Curves

After having lunch with Steve, Candice and Nora one last time before they headed home to San Diego, Rob and I trekked on down and I bought myself a new laptop!  The PC I had been using was Larry's originally and was showing some signs that it might quit soon, plus I just plain hated that one.  He liked have the 10 key pad on the side but that just messed me up royally and it is so heavy, plus it didn't fit in my backpack.  I am now the proud owner of a MacBook Pro with a 13 inch screen.  I am learning the ins and outs of it more each day as it is a bit different.  I still haven't migrated any data, perhaps later today.  So far I like it very much.

I had Brayden for a sleepover last night which was fun.  He hadn't been over for a while without Kolby and sometimes you just need time away from your baby brother. (He calls him a half baby.) We looked at YouTube videos on how balloons were made-that's pretty amazing and much more complicated than you would suppose.  Then we watched some on boomerangs, how they were made and how they were thrown.  After those he made himself a "Boomerang" it didn't fly very well, ;)  Guess we'll do it again!  Kolby's still too young to come for an overnight without Brayden but his turn will come!

After I took Brayden home Rob and I loaded the back end of the truck with things I'm taking to Scott tomorrow.  Bri graduates from Law School tomorrow so we are all headed to Columbia tomorrow.  He's planned a party for her so we get to see the inside of their new (to them) house.  This has been a very busy month!

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

Ooooohh, lucky you with a wonderful new toy! Those boomerangs take q bit practice. Congratulations to Bri on her marvellous achievement. Have safe trip. Ann :-)