Monday, January 10, 2011

Of snow and throwers.

We bought a snow thrower three winters ago, today I finally got to run it!  Rob always had too much fun with it to give me a shot.  Also I didn't really have appropriate clothes, read boots, until this winter.  Today the snow has been gently but steadily falling since before I got up, the size of the flakes varied from soft fluffy balls about the size of a dime to tiny little bits (powder to skiers! Yeah!) I think we're up to four or five inches and it is still coming down quickly enough to cover the newly uncovered drive and walkway in only a few minutes.  Too dry to build much of a snowman, although Tanya tried!  Rob and I did have a short snowball fight this afternoon.  I have let myself forget how much fun the snow is.  I've always been a winter girl, even when I had to shovel the snow off the drive (36 inches from a double drive in Denver one year.)  Being outside in the snow, smiling all the while makes me wonder what other things I've forgotten are fun?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always miss the snow until I'm in the middle of it. Then I want my heat. Please don't remind of that this summer when its 100+ degrees. LOL.

I remember the year I was 6, we lived in Newport RI, and snowed in for 2 weeks!!!!. My mom thought my dad was going to kill us(no cigrettes). He finally grabbed my brothers and they spent 3 days digging a path to the garage, and another 3 days to the street. Then the snow plows finally came by and covered up the driveway. Oh the words that came out of my dad's mouth;-)

Stay warm.

blessings,
jilly