Monday, January 31, 2011

More snow, on the way!

Here in the middle of the US we are under a winter storm advisory, it is currently misting and freezing on surfaces.  So far the roads are not extremely slick but now that night has fallen that will likely change.  In the night it will begin to snow, lightly.  By morning we will be under a blizzard warning (and not the kind made of ice cream!)  The forecast is for 8-10 inches (or more) of snow tomorrow and then blowing snow and extreme cold. As Larry used to say, on Thursday there will be no temperature!  The hi is to be zero degrees F.  The Governor of Missouri has declared a state of emergency-all travel may come to a stop.  After I take Brayden home in a bit I'll be staying home as much as possible.  Unfortunately, Sears is unlikely to close so one of us will have to take Tanya to work and pick her up.  I love winter but even I have had enough of the gray skies!

Word of the week:  worthy, an adjective;  1) having great merit, deserving respect or support,  2) having sufficient worth or merit

Quote of the week:  "I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it."  Thomas Jefferson

No comments: