Saturday, January 8, 2011

Another January Saturday

Sorry I haven't been posting more often.  I'd like to say it was because I was having fun, sewing, reading or whatever BUT unfortunately, I've been fighting a cold followed by asthma.  Sigh.  I did finally, just now in fact, finish tying Kolby's Travel Memories quilt.  All that's left there is to bind it and sew on the two patches, perhaps tomorrow.  I have been taking down the Christmas lovelies, which makes me sad.  I've enjoyed them so much this year and left them up until Twelfth Night.  I've only the big tree to pack away once Rob and Tanya take their ornaments down and the Cottages to lift down and pack up.  Then Rob and I will stow everything in the attic until the Sunday after Thanksgiving!  Once that is down I'll scrub the house and work at some non-Christmas decor, among other things.  I spent the day shopping yesterday, bought a few Christmas things on clearance and two crystal pieces at the Antique Mall (something I rarely do but these two will look really fine on the hutch in the living room!)  Also the routine groceries and a new toy for Granna's house.  All in all quite boring! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You and me both. I am so tired of my asthma. As it's in the low 50's I stayed in and did those boring old things, like cleaning. Made more apple butter and sauce. When will it end???

Enjoy your weekend,
jilly