Saturday, December 11, 2010

A Winter Saturday

Just brought Kelsey back in, there is snow on the ground!  I doubt that it is "measurable" but It can be seen and it's blowing hither and yon.  The temperature started the day quite nice, Tanya started the car without a coat, but it has steadily dropped throughout the day.  Tonight it will drop to single digits.  The wind is blowing fiercely and sometimes the sound it makes in the trees reminds me of a jet engine up high.  People used to say it sounded like a train but I'm not of the train era really so jets mean more.  I know it makes me grateful to have a sturdy home and no outside work to do.  Kelsey will get cranky if we don't get a walk in after a few days but it will have to wait for next weeks warm up!

I didn't really get much done this past week, went shopping some-bought little.  Went on-line shopping, bought more!  Getting the box ready to send to Steve, Candice and Nora, think it will go out on Monday.  Had a couple of days where I just sat and stared into space, odd for me but I just didn't want to do anything.

The boys spent the night last night so I made homemade pizza and root beer floats for dinner, then french toast for breakfast.  They played pretty well together and separately but Kolby was being "I'm cute but a  troublemaker!" Uncle Rob rescued me for a while, taking them downstairs and putting on a movie-settles them right down.  After returning them to their parents I took a nap (they wore me out!) then I began sewing strips together for a Travel memories quilt for Brayden.  It's going together really well, all the strips are sewn together, tomorrow I'll press and cut so the rows can go together.  I'll have to make a Joann's run for the rest of the flannel for Kolby's quilt and the fleece for the backing plus a few other things (of course.)

Tonight, I'll wrap packages while watching TV and perhaps do some cross-stitch before I crash early!

1 comment:

Karen said...

It is starting to look and feel like winter here. Very strong, cold winds and a little bit of snow.