Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sunday

Well, Christmas EXPLODED at my house last week!  All NINE boxes of decorations came down from the attic and parked in the living room, what a mess!  I am happy to report that with the exception of the living room tree and tree boxes everything is up and the boxes returned to the attic!  I love when everything is finished but boy is it work.  This year I added to the mess by looking and looking for a new tree for the living room, I wanted a 7' skinny tree but I didn't want to spend hundreds of dollars on one.  I found a couple I liked but they were out of them, of course.  Finally Lowe's came through again, my new tree is up and we are going to decorate it this afternoon.  The tree in my bedroom is new as well, taller but not much wider (slender spaces call for slender trees) I like looking at it when I'm all tucked into bed with the lights out!  The little tree is up in the extra room decorated with the little Boyds bear ornaments.  I use timers on everything so they come on about 4 and go off about 11.  It looks magical and for me that's Christmas-magic.

I've been doing some sewing as well, can't show anything as they are gifts and I don't want to give away the secrets, shhhhhhh.  This week is for shopping and finishing (on in some cases beginning and finishing) handmade things.  I swear I'm starting next's years gift the 26th!  (I think I say this every year, sigh.)

Finished reading the new J.D. Robb books, they are always so entertaining and I love seeing Eve change and find new friends! 

Had an appointment with my G.P. just for a check up, plus we're trying some new meds for all the aches and pains I'm having.  Too soon to tell for sure if it's working.  He gave me the okay to join a gym-especially wants me to try water aerobics and maybe an eliptical-need to get the weight off these unhappy joints!

I'm off the cut blocks fro some of those secrets and to work at hemming the miles and miles of bedskirt!  (I tried the machine but truthfully it was as much work as doing it by hand!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya on the aches and pains. With all the rain we have had, my right knee is a problem, but only when I get up;-)
You amaze me with all your trees, I really hate decorating just one. Maybe from all those years I was made the "offical" tree lights "putter upper". But they do look great once up.

blessings,
jilly
ps. I to will be getting ready for next Christmas on the 26th...hehehe