Saturday, November 13, 2010

An almost finished bathroom

For the last ten days, my hall bathroom has been under construction.  Well, first destruction then re-construction. A very 60's room with ceramic tile halfway up all the walls in beige, a flecked formica counter top on plain pine cabinets, it seriously needed an upgrade.  So my brother, Bobby, did some work.  Took out the old cabinet, toilet, and all the tile along with the dry wall behind it, then put in new dry wall,  new cabinets, a new toilet, new trim, a new exhaust fan and a light over the tub.  I put in new floor tile, new subway style ceramic tile and painted (not quite finished there.) Bobby finished up today with the new faucets and a curved shower rod.  I still have to hang a towel bar and accessorize the room but I really like it.  I especially like that it's done!  The three of us no longer have to share my little tiny bath.  Now, I have to really bust the cleaning bunnies to get everything in order before Thanksgiving!

I also marked another little thing off the list:  Made and hung little white linen curtains on the glass doors of the tv cabinet in my room.  They hide a multitude of things having nothing to do with the TV, like extra linens and wine glasses.  Had to adjust the shelf brackets a bit but that only took a few minutes.  It was such and easy project I don't know why it wasn't done long ago.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi stranger,

Wow, have you ever been busy. And a trip to Ireland...my dream trip.

I have bored myself silly with my "new" blog and going back to jillyshappyquilts.

blessings,
jilly