Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Ireland trip Day 1, Chicago

So with the exception of leaving my cell phone charger plugged in next to my bed, which of course means that my cell phone was now dead, today was a smooth as silk day.  Rob dropped me off at the airport on his way to class, just a little early and I checked in with American Airlines.  Treated myself to a Cafe Mocha, Yum Yum, which I drank before I cleared security and then settled in to wait for boarding.  No problems, a short flight and I was landing at O'Hare airport in Chicago.  I'll have to say you really get our exercise at O'Hare!  A long walk down the concourse, down an escalator, another long walk to luggage.  Yet another long walk to an elevator going up one floor to catch the hotel shuttle.  I'm grateful I can follow symbol directions!  I did get lucky, the shuttle pulled up just as I did!  After check in I spent a quiet afternoon and evening.  I don't have to be back at the airport until noon, hope it's as smooth as today was. 

No comments: