Friday, August 6, 2010

Friday Update

I had the best of intentions when I set up blogging times but alas I haven't made many of them!  I have postponed all outside work until the hellacious, sultry weather(105F actual and 114F heat index) leaves us for longer than a day or two!  We're currently in a break for a few days where temperatures are only in the low 90's and it isn't sultry but it will return next week. I do have a couple of projects that need to be done before winter but delaying them a few weeks won't make a great deal of difference.

Brayden and Kolby were here Sunday thru Wednesday as Beth and Lucas are in DC.  We had fun, Brayden played in the basement with Uncle Rob and Aunt Tanya--Wii, movies, etc.  Kolby ran a fever one night and day, I'm so out of the habit of thinking about things like that it took me until 2:30am to figure out that's what was wrong, poor little guy.  He was better when I handed them off to the next set of Grands.  Kolby is just getting going on the talk thing, with a big brother as verbal as Brayden he can hardly get a word in edgewise!  He did start saying his version of "Rob", that would be RA.  He stood at the top of the stairs and called for RA, and stood in front of my digital frame and said RA every time  Uncle Rob came on.  He really likes his Uncle RA!  He's learning his colors as well, especially Yellow-he can pick out a yellow crayon if asked, pretty good for a little guy.  Brayden is not showing much interest in learning the names of the letters but we played a game with one of the  I Spy books where he had to tell me what things had beginning sounds like the letter on the pages.  He did pretty well and seemed to like it.  I don't know if he'll want to play again or not, we'll see.

I haven't done any sewing to speak of but I did finish cleaning and organizing the woodshop in the garage.  At least as far as I can at this time.  It was a big chore but I like being able to find a screw if I need one! Or a screw driver for that matter.  I still have some de-cluttering to do in the house but it's coming to an end as well.  I should find lots of time now for research and sewing!

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

Oh Gail, your weather is atrocious! No wonder you don't want to do anything. I don't blame you in the slightest. Your grandchildren are delightful and must bring you a lot of joy! ann