Sunday, June 27, 2010

Catch up weeks

After being gone for such a long time I have mountains of works to catch up. All the gardens are over grown and I wrecked the house (the part I had left clean anyway) when I unloaded the truck! I'm making headway on both the house and the yard. I have begun some outdoor projects that have been on my list forever by buying the first 30 castle bricks to replace the native rock wall in front. I like the wall but I never really had enough stone and it won't stay together anymore so it must be replaced. I have such a slope in that garden that I need another wall as well. Luckily, I won't have to move may plants and they aren't going to be that tall. When that's done I have three or four other projects in the yard before winter. One of the hardest things about being single again is figuring out how I want to live but on the trip I discovered that I was home. Independence and my house will suit for a long time yet. I have plans for the inside as well but they will have to wait a bit. The Monster "to do" list was revised this morning, not sure if it is longer or shorter but it is better organized. As soon as I dig out my sewing room/ office I'll begin sewing again along with the gardens, organizing and de-cluttering, etc. Projects are going to be finished! On that note I'll begin posting cross-stitch updates on Tuesdays, quilt updates on Thursday and Garden post on Saturday. At kick in my pants to keep me working! Well, time to get started on something else--kitchen cleaning.

1 comment:

a good yarn said...

There is nothing like a trip away to see what needs doing around the house. A list is a good place to start. Problem is, I just keep making lists.....oh well. Ann :-)