Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday nights with Brayden

are never dull. Tonight was no exception, after school he and Tanya colored while I fixed dinner, we got to hear about his upcoming trip to California. He's very excited-hope the next 34 days pass quickly for him. I made him his favorite white cheese pasta (Penne with alfredo sauce) and had green grapes on the table. He said, "I want grapes, too." "No problem, go for it," says I. So he picks up a bunch of grapes, probably about 2 pounds, then says "Look I'm strong." Tanya says,"let me check out your muscles" and squeezes his upper arm. He says, "They're new. We got them at Price chopper!" (Our grocery store) Had a very good laugh over that one! If I'd known I could get muscles at the grocery store, I've picked some up long ago! After dinner we went outside, thankfully it wasn't raining, he played in the sand, ran up and down the fence with the boxer next door, played with the kick ball and pulled up "acorn trees" (I have millions, literally.) then he dissected them and made up stories about how they weren't really "acorn trees, but the tail feathers of striped coyotes." Really where does a 4 year old get this stuff? He's a hoot!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had so much fun with your grandson. I miss my sweet little 4 year old, who always kept me in stitches. Hard to believe he just turned 22.

Enjoy your week.

Blessings,
Jilly

a good yarn said...

Never a dull moment! How cool that you can buy muscles from the grocery store! Ann :-)